Consultation on the Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has finished.
The Consultation Statement gives the detail on how NDP Steering Group members have engaged with the community during the process.
Cornwall Council also carried out a consultation between August and mid-October.
Thank you to everyone who has contributed ideas and made comments at every stage in the consultation process.
What is happening now?
Liz Beth has been appointed as our Independent External Examiner.
The independent External Examiner:
- reviews all the comments made by the community and statutory consultees, such as Natural England and the utility companies
- scrutinises all the documents including the policy wording
- ensures that the NDP contributes to the achievement of sustainable development
- checks that the NDP conforms with the Cornwall Local Plan and national planning policies and advice
- makes sure that the NDP is compatible with any other obligations e.g. that the NDP has been adequately assessed regarding any environmental impacts
- makes comments and recommendations
- communicates with Cornwall Council who in turn liaises with the Parish Council in respect of any amendments
Once the Parish Council has agreed a final version of the NDP, it will then be through to the final stage: the referendum.
When will the referendum take place?
This process can take months in the best of times, so it is difficult to anticipate when the referendum will take place.
However, the draft NDP (submission version) already carries some weight for planning applications.
Neighbourhood Development Plan Key Documents
Tel: Cllr David Hughes, Chair of the Steering Group on 01726 812982